TOGETHER WE CAN BE #GENERATIONRESTORATION.
This year World Environment Day (WED) embraced this theme and they say
"This is our moment.
We cannot turn back time. But we can grow trees, green our cities, rewild our gardens, change our diets and clean up rivers and coasts. We are the generation that can make peace with nature.
Let’s get active, not anxious. Let’s be bold, not timid.
What is World Environment Day?
Every year on 5th of June is celebrated as World Environment Day (WED) to create engagement with governments, people and corporates in order to find solutions for environmental issues since 1974. It is a global platform to inspire, create reaction, raise the voice and take actions for good.
Because Earth is so far the only one home that we have.
So, let's take action for ourselves, for our kids, for our home planet Earth simply because we are the generation that can create impact!
If your answer is yes let's do and want to learn "HOW", here is the right place!
ACTIONS: Take an Action!
1) Check for existing environment restoration community and act, join them!
2) Start your own on-the-ground initiative, for instance call your family and friends for weekend activity and clean the beach near by you.
3) Shop and cook eco-friendly by staying away from plastic wrapped vegatables & fruits, and going local markets for local products.
CHOICES: Change Your Behaviour.
4) Think about your global environmental footprint, for instance use less water by simply cutting the time of your shower duration.
5) Change your commute behaviours, walk more, ride bicycle and use carpool for your destination.
VOICES: Raise it.
7) Share World Environment Day with the people in your close circle. Encourage them to take actions, change their habits and share the day with others.
8) Share on your social accounts with wider circle, talk about your local environment, and about how we can make our societies and economies fairer and more sustainable.